International Seminar at TUAS, Faculty of Health and Well-being
30th Sept – 2nd Oct, 2019
We will organize an international seminar next autumn at Turku University of Applied Sciences, Faculty of Health and Well-being. We would kindly like to invite you to come for a teacher exchange to Turku and to give a workshop or a lecture of 15 – 30 minutes or a poster presentation during these days.
The students will be Master level students, who are studying Advanced Practice, Health Informatics, Health Promotion, Management and Leadership in Social and Health Care, Rehabilitation, Social Services.
Pre-Seminar day 30th Sept 2019
During this day there will be different workshops for Master students and lecturers. We would like to offer you the opportunity to lead a workshop in your specialty area. You can suggest a workshop topic when you register.
Desired workshop/lecture areas are the same as the study areas:
- Advanced Practice
- Health Informatics
- Health Promotion
- Management and Leadership in Social and Health Care
- Social Services
- Mon 30 Sept: Pre-seminar workshops, field visits and Get Together Evening
- Tue 1 Oct: Opening and Keynote speech, interactive lectures and workshops for Master students (parallel streams)
- Wed 2 Oct: Research and Development Networking with colleagues and guests on a whole-day archipelago cruise Turku-Mariehamn-Turku. The focus will be on building lasting and concrete future cooperation, so come along with good suggestions and be prepared to present your idea.
- See the detailed programme here
As part of the international seminar we will assemble an electronic open access proceedings publication from selected presentations and abstracts. The chosen authors will be asked to write a short paper of their presentation topic for the proceedings publication. The authors will be chosen during the seminar together with the seminar participants and they will be informed by 15th October of the selection.
- Please note that there is a participation fee of 120 € for the international seminar week covering the costs for lunches, coffees, cultural event, field visits, Get together evening, the cruise with meals
- Registration form (Please fill in your information before 30th August, 2019)
Before you start the registration, please have with you:
- Credit card details OR
- Information for an invoice: name of the organization, reference, street address, postal code, city, country and possible a VAT number, if required by your institution.
- Payments to be made latest by August 30th, 2019
- In case you cannot finish the application, please start the registration process again using the same link above.
- Cancellations: Full return of the participation fee, if cancelled by September 10th, 2019. After that the participation fees won’t be returned.
- All the registered applicants will be accepted for the week.
- For Erasmus teacher or staff agreements, please contact HEWEinternational@turkuamk.fi
- More info on accommodation and other practical matters can be found on our website
- We would like to ask you to submit your abstracts for the lectures, workshops and posters by 30th August 2019 via email to Virpi Sulosaari, firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information, please contact: Virpi Sulosaari, email@example.com, Katja Heikkinen, firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Koskinen, HEWEinternational@turkuamk.fi
You are most welcome to Turku! See you in September!
Virpi Sulosaari Katja Heikkinen
Principal Lecturer, Degree Programme Leader Head of Eduation and Research